The 2018 Spring Round opens 1 September and closes at midnight on Sunday 30th of September. Please visit the Apply page to send in your application.
Radical Action Grants (RAG) supports radical grassroots environmental activism – especially climate activism – in Aotearoa.
Aimed at groups less able to access conventional sources of funding, the grants give inspirational and thought provoking projects – usually done on shoestring budgets with volunteer time – a much needed boost.
Thank you to to all our donors!
Remember to check us out on Facebook.
More than ever we need real climate action! If you have ideas on environmental and climate actions you would like to see in your town, and need some funding to make it happen, please apply for a Radical Action Grant.
We’ve provided grants of up to $500 for projects such as:
- Bank divestment from fossil fuels campaign
- Workshop costs
- Kayak hire for on-water action
Organising for the climate march
- Gathering film footage of forest collapse
- Training and campaign equipment
- Design and printing of a new Legal Guide to Activism in Aotearoa / NZ resource booklet
- The January 2014 Oil Free Future Summit in Dunedin
- Printing of resources for the Dump Denniston campaign
- Printing of non-violent direct action booklets and marquee hire for the 2012 Keep the Coal in the Hole Summer Festival, held near the massive Southland lignite deposits
- And more!
Our grants are entirely funded by donations. If you want to support environmental activism in New Zealand, a donation to Radical Action Grants is a great way to make your dollars count.
Help us get the word out about Radical Action Grants. Download the RAG leaflet and share it with your networks.